Before you spend the night in the wilderness, you first need to be able to get there, and that requires a vehicle capable of going off the beaten path. With Jeep® Trail Rated® vehicles you’ll have no problem getting to your camping spot, no matter how remote. Here are 15 off-road, off-the-grid essentials to help you make the most of your time camping.
1. Jeep Trail Rated Vehicle: Capable at every level and ready for a camping trip, Jeep Trail Rated vehicles have been tested to perform in the following five categories of off-road conditions: traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, articulation and water fording. So wherever you plan to set up camp, your Jeep vehicle will put you directly under the stars.
2. Emergency Recovery Strap Kit: For Jeep brand enthusiasts who like to travel with friends and tackle the roughest terrain, this 30-foot-long tow strap with double attachment loops has a 20,000-lb. webbing break strength and 10-ton towing capacity. The strap comes in a heavy-duty 1680 denier ballistic nylon carry bag with two bonus tool-storage compartments.
3. Adventure Multi-Tool: Camping, especially in the far reaches of the wilderness, requires a bit of ingenuity. Having a set of tools on hand goes a long way when the elements throw you an unexpected challenge. This multi-tool with anodized aluminum finish and laser-engraved Jeep® logo on the handle is ready to meet whatever Mother Nature has in store. Features include a small and large blade, can opener, bottle opener with slotted screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, pliers, wire cutters, scissors, fishing saw, file and small slotted screwdriver.
4. Compact Emergency Instant Fire Starter Key Fob: Perfect for camping or for emergencies, the fire starter kit’s magnesium dipstick striker with yarn works like a matchstick, and is good for more than 15,000 strikes. The compact size makes this camping essential easy to pack, giving you room for all your other gear.
5. Coleman 10’x10’ Instant Shelter: Camping — even in remote regions — should be comfortable. Once you reach your favorite secluded spot, make camp with this 10′ x 10′ shelter. Setup is fast and easy, and the high-quality Coleman brand construction will keep you safe from the elements.
6. Sundome Tent: For those who like to camp a little farther from civilization, a tent that’s easy to transport and simple to set up makes all the difference for packing in and out. The Sundome four-person tent features an easy two-pole setup and a WeatherTec™ System keeps you dry, so you can focus on making the most of your time in the woods.
7. Reclining Camp Chair: Once you’ve ventured into the woods and set up camp, it’s time to get comfortable. The folding camp chair has three seating positions and features a padded seat and backrest, as well as an insulated drink holder and large zippered back pocket. It’s a great way to relax in nature.
8. Sleeping Bag with Wrap N Roll™: The Wrap N Roll™ storage system with built-in storage bag makes outdoor travel easy and comfortable, and the screen-printed Jeep® logo makes your overnight camping trips stylish.
9. High-Power Camping Lantern: This top-quality lantern features bright, clear white light for use under any outdoor conditions, and includes a convenient handle and hanging hook for when you’re at camp, and a built-in compass for when you’re out exploring.
10. Jeep Collapsible Cooler: Featuring a collapsible interior, this cooler is perfect for travel and storage, and is ideal for packing food or taking along on a fishing trip should you intend to live off the land while you’re out camping. Additional features include an adjustable shoulder strap, cooler-top cup holders and bottle opener zipper pull.
11. Thule EnRoute™ Strut 19L Daypack: Jeep Trail Rated vehicles are well equipped to get you into the farthest reaches of the forest. Still, you may want to do a little off-roading of the two-legged variety. This daypack has everything you’ll need to keep your essentials safe and dry, and the padded backpack straps and a sternum strap are designed to keep you comfortable during your hike.
12. Hiker’s Shovel: When you venture away from the campsite for a day of exploring or fishing, this functional hiker’s shovel has everything you need to make mini-camp for a day. While it serves as a shovel, it also functions as a hatchet, saw, hammer, wrench, nail puller, bottle opener and compass. In addition, the handle contents include a knife, fishing line and hook, matches and two nails.
13. Survival Straps Bracelet: One can never be too prepared when out in the woods. This survival strap bracelet contains 15 feet of 550-test military-spec paracord, and the black nylon shackle/clevis pin contains a breakaway safety feature.
14. Burst Dual Output LED Flashlight: This multi-functional flashlight has both high and low output, giving you adjustable beam strengths and distances, whether you need to find your way through the dark or you’re telling spooky stories around the campfire.
15. Jeep Off-Road Camper Trailer From Mopar®: To experience next-level camping, tow this rugged home-away-from-home along for the ride. No matter how deep into the thick woods you venture, you’ll always have the comfort of the Jeep brand when a long day of camping is behind you.
Do you have summer camping plans? Let us know what gear you consider a must-have for braving the elements.